<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.whentaniatalks.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
whentaniatalks: Daniel Sandler Waterproof Eyeliner - Review

Sunday 31 August 2014

Daniel Sandler Waterproof Eyeliner - Review

Hi Everyone!

I was very excited to receive a Daniel Sandler Long Lasting Waterproof Eyeliner in Blue Velvet* through the post. I've never tried anything from the brand, but have heard great things & always been intrigued. The thing that's stopped me from taking the plunge & purchasing is that, to the best of my knowledge, it is only available online.


The eyeliner itself is retractable - my favourite kind as you don't loose product when sharpening & it's much less of a faff! But be warned - the product has a tendency to break on applying pressure. So far it's broken twice on me, making the fact that you don't waste product with a retractable liner a moot point! 


Apart from having to be careful not to break the pencil, the application is relatively easy. The only difficulty I had was in getting the line thin enough just before I reached the inner corner of my eye - today's line is & little backward, being thicker in the inner portion of the eye!


I was impressed with the price of £9.25, sitting in between drugstore/highstreet eyeliners& those from the likes of MAC & Urban Decay. There are 6 colours in the line which I think is a good range. The selection includes grey, green, brown & purple, as well as the obligatory black.

The colour payoff is good & you can deepen the colour with more pressure (which I wouldn't recommend as it increases the chance of snapping the product) or through layered application. I did find that on application the liner near my inner corner smudged onto the lower lash line but this was easy to wipe away with the fingers. I was not able to test the waterproof claims of the eyeliner but can say, after having a little cry, that unfortunately it isn't tear proof.


I often have difficulty removing waterproof products. It takes too long & my sensitive eyes become irritated as a result - not with this product! Just a few swipes with a makeup wipe (I know, I know, I should be using makeup remover!) & the liner had gone!

Overall, I am pleased with this liner. I just think I need a little more practice to get more precision in the inner corner area of my eyes. I'd be interested to try some of the other colours in the range & will definitely be investing in more of Daniel Sandler's makeup line.



The Daniel Sandler Waterproof Eyeliner, along with other products from his range can be purchased from Beauty Expert here.

One thing I should draw your attention to here is that Beauty Expert don't list product ingredients on their website. If this is something you need to look into, like myself, you'd need to either contact Beauty Expert or do as I did & look them up directly on the Daniel Sandler website.

Have you tried any Daniel Sandler products? What have been standouts for you?

Tania Xx


Daniel Sandler Waterproof Eyeliner Ingredients:


Black, Brown, Blue, Green and Purple Velvet


MICA

CYCLOPENTASILOXANE
POLYETHYLENE
SYNTHETIC WAX
POLYBUTENE
CERA ALBA
DI-PPG-3 MYRISTYL ETHER ADIPATE
SUCROSE TETRASTEARATE TRIACETATE
STEARYL DIMETHICONE
PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRABEHENATE
BORON NITRIDE
ISODECYL NEOPENTANOATE
SYNTHETIC BEESWAX
TOCOPHEROL
STEARALKONIUM BENTONITE
PROPYLENE CARBONATE
ASCORBYL PALMITATE
DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSS POLYMER
May contain CI 77499 CI 77891 CI 77510 CI77491 CI77742
CI77007 CI75470 CI 77510

Grey Velvet
CI 77499, CI 77510, CI 77891
MICA, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE
PARAFFIN, DIISOSTEARYL DIMER DILINOLEATE
PEG-6 BEESWAX, HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL
OZOKERITE, CERESIN
TOCOPHEROL

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 31 August 2014 at 16:01 , Blogger hayleyeszti said...

I love the colour! It looks lovely with your gorgeous eye colour! I don't own any coloured eyeliners, I think I need to invest!

www.hayleyeszti.blogspot.com

 
At 31 August 2014 at 21:13 , Blogger Unknown said...

The colour looks great on you! I'm not convinced about the weakness of the pencil though, but it's really a gorgeous blue! xx

Gyudy’s Notes Of Beauty

 
At 1 September 2014 at 23:55 , Blogger Tania said...

Thanks Hayley! Coloured eyeliners are great! I don't use them as often as I'd like because I have to wear my (green) precision tinted lenses to help with my migraine, Mears-Irlen syndrome & dyslexia. My favourite eyeliner colours are navy blue, dark green & dark purple. Quite a few people like brown, but I've not really experimented with it - maybe I should! Xx

 
At 2 September 2014 at 00:04 , Blogger Tania said...

Thanks lovely! I'm not convinced about the weakness of the pencil either. Daniel Sandler posted a comment on my Instagram saying that "as the weather gets a little cooler the pencil shouldn't break" - I'm not convinced by that though as for me the time I would most likely use a waterproof product would be on holiday! I do really like the colour. I have a similar shade from Trish McEvoy which is lovely & I feel performs better, but is more than twice the price. Xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home