<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.whentaniatalks.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
whentaniatalks: Our Wedding Anniversary - 1 House, 2 Cats, 3 Years & Not Many Arguments

Sunday 24 August 2014

Our Wedding Anniversary - 1 House, 2 Cats, 3 Years & Not Many Arguments

Hi Everyone!

My husband & I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary this week & I thought it was only fitting that I marked the occasion with a blog post!

Dan & I met during our further education studies, he a post graduate & I an undergraduate.

Our first date was a 'metaphorical coffee' in Starbucks, metaphorical because I had water & Dan had a hot chocolate! I had recently come out of a troubled relationship & was not 'looking for love'. Love certainly found me though! I remember vividly Dan telling me that there was no pressure & that if we ended up as a couple that would be great, but if not then he'd have made a new friend. It was then that I knew he was the one for me! Within a matter of weeks we were an item!

Fast forward a couple of years to Christmas Eve 2008. Dan took me to a hotel overlooking the Cathedral where he was a Chorister & Cope boy (head chorister) for three years. We attended midnight mass & on our return found that, though we had told staff we would be attending the service, we'd been locked! By this point, Dan was inwardly panicking! Once we made it back to the hotel room Dan took me to the window, got down on one knee, presented me with a beautiful ring & said to me "will you marry me, in there!" as he pointed to the cathedral!


Three & a half years later, we were ready to make our vows in the cathedral where Dan has so many wonderful childhood memories. There were certain criteria we needed to meet in order to marry in the cathedral. We needed to have a direct link to the cathedral, which Dan's 3 year service entitled us too. Both sets of parents were contacted to give their permission for our marriage to take place within the cathedral. They did. Our parish priests were also contacted to confirm our religious beliefs & that we had attended the usual wedding preparation classes. They were. Something we also had to do to marry in the cathedral was to swear an Affidavit, a sworn statement that we were both eligible to enter into marriage & were doing so voluntarily. The last stage was to get the blessing of the Archbishop of Canterbury. This all went without a hitch (pun intended!).

Our day was wonderful! My parents, bridesmaids & myself got ready in the hotel room Dan proposed in, which was a hub of excitement! Dan sent me a necklace via the best man! His last gift to me as a 'single' woman! I thought I'd share some photos with you..

My sister did my hair & I did my makeup.



Some snaps of us getting ready.








Off we go!



I walked to the cathedral from the hotel round the corner. It was market day & I caused quite a stir! We bumped into one of my friends who was taking in the atmosphere of the area before making his way, with his girlfriend, to the cathedral.




My beautiful bridesmaids - sister Chrissy & best friend Betsy.



Entering the Choir.




Signing of the register.



Man & wife!



Love this photo of Dad & me!



Exiting the cathedral - a horse came round the corner just after this was taken & I had to (literally!) run back inside as I have an anaphylactic reaction to horses!



I needed a little sit down so our photographers took the opportunity to make the most of the scenery - they were really great at working with & around us, blending seamlessly into the background (thank you Mark & Debbie!)!


Some pics of the dress!







The spot where Dan sat as a Chorister.


We didn't get to have a 'you-may-now-kiss-the-bride' moment because we were married in a high Church of England service, so we popped back for a photo op!



On the way to the reception in the back of the Rolls-Royce Phantom (Dad 'borrowed' it from his boss for the day).



Mummy made the cake!



Some cute pics!





Our reception was very family orientated. We had a barbecue for our wedding breakfast which fits our personalities perfectly. For our evening meal we had an afternoon tea with sandwiches, cakes & an ice-cream cart! We had games set out on the lawn area for the children (& bigger children!) to play with.

We had a fantastic day & subsequently three wonderful years of marriage. I'm excited to see what the future holds for us!

Are you married?
If you are, what are your fondest memories of your wedding day?
If not, what would your ideal wedding include?

Tania Xx

Thank you very much to Priory Photography for our amazing photos!

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 24 August 2014 at 08:30 , Blogger Sarah said...

Aw, you've got such a memorable proposal! I didn't realise there were so many requirements to get married in a cathedral, but it looks like it was well worth it as it's such a stunning place. Your dress is amazing too, I love the lace detailing on it.
I hope you had a lovely anniversary, did you do anything special for it? X

 
At 25 August 2014 at 21:00 , Blogger Unknown said...

What a beautiful day that looks - and an even more beautiful bride. Congratulations on your marriage so far!

Vicky xx
Lots of Love, Me.

 
At 26 August 2014 at 15:41 , Blogger Tania said...

Thank you Sarah! It meant a lot to both of us to be able to get married where Dan spent 6-7 days a week for the best part of three years! He always said that if he got married it wouldn't be anywhere other than the cathedral. When we were going through the process I knew there would be a lot involved but at times I felt a little overwhelmed & intimidated in the meetings we attended with the Precentor (who is a lovely man!) for the formal bits!

I'm so glad you like my dress - my Mum had a lace top on her wedding dress & I wanted to incorporate the feel of that into my dress, plus I love lace!

The day of our anniversary Dan was working during the day & in the evening but he brought home a bunch of roses & the Schloer we had for our wedding breakfast toasts (neither of us drink) the night before. The Friday after our anniversary Dan picked me up from work & we had a meal at our local Harvester. Xx

 
At 26 August 2014 at 15:42 , Blogger Tania said...

Aaww!!! Thank you Vicky, that's so lovely of you to say! Xx

 
At 27 August 2014 at 21:36 , Blogger Grace said...

You look gorgeous! Everything looks so perfect....I love all the pictures, I hope one day I'll be able to share my wedding day on my blog!

Every Day In Grace

 
At 29 August 2014 at 08:17 , Blogger Tania said...

Thanks Grace! We had a wonderful time. I wish I could put more of the pics from the reception in but didn't because the majority contained the children of the family. I'll look forward to reading yours when the time comes. Xx

 
At 29 August 2014 at 12:52 , Blogger Unknown said...

You look absolutely incredible your dress is amazing. I remember when my Dad was getting married in a cathedral but it was his second wedding it was SUCH a palava but SO worth it in the end, CONGRATS! xxx

 
At 29 August 2014 at 20:58 , Blogger Tania said...

Thank you Jessica, that's so kind of you to say! It meant a lot to us both to be able to marry in the cathedral as it's where Dan spent the majority of his time for 3 years! It holds so many special memories for him & (prior to us marrying) he made sure I had some very special memories too! There was much more involved in getting married in the cathedral as opposed to a church but it would have felt like something were missing, particularly for Dan. Xx

 
At 3 September 2014 at 14:21 , Blogger J said...

Congratulations!! You look so beautiful in your wedding dress! I am married and the best memory is ... hahah it's leaving the ceremony and heading to our hotel lol! My family was driving me nuts, I was so happy when I left and could just enjoy alone time with my husband :)


Jessica
the.pyreflies.org

 
At 9 September 2014 at 20:03 , Blogger Tania said...

Thanks, that's so sweet of you to say! I'm sorry to hear your family were driving you mad on your wedding day, glad you were able to enjoy the time alone with your husband though! Xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home