<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.whentaniatalks.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
whentaniatalks: Urban Decay Perversion Mascara - Review

Sunday 3 August 2014

Urban Decay Perversion Mascara - Review

Hi Everyone!

I got chatting to the makeup artist at the Urban Decay counter whilst perusing in my parents' local Debenhams. I noticed she was wearing a t-shirt advertising their new mascara, launching tomorrow. I asked if they had the ingredients available to read & was given a sample of the mascara, along with a promo card & ingredients card (see end of post).


One thing I have found is that mascaras are a very personal thing, as everyone has different types of eyelashes and has a different idea of how they want their lashes to look - I think all too often this gets forgotten. My sister, for example, can rock almost any mascara. I struggle to do this as my lashes are dead straight. Even when curled, they want to revert back to their naturally straight form. What is more frustrating is that I have curly hair that won't straighten! Bizarre & now slightly off topic!

I was really excited to try the new Perversion mascara. I love Urban Decay makeup, but am allergic to their Super Curling Mascara, which I was really sad about as curl is one of the things I look for in a mascara & didn't get on with the Big Fatty Mascara. The Perversion mascara claims to produce bigger, badder, blacker lashes, with an ultra creamy, lengthening & volumizing formula that has a deep, intense black colour - who wouldn't want that!

The first thing I noticed on application of this mascara was that it wasn't any blacker than the mascaras I normally use (L'Oreal Volume Million Lasher Noir Excess springs to mind as well as the Jordana Best Lash Extreme). Although I go for the 'Extra Black' or 'Blackest Black' shade options, I was a little disappointed that the shade of the Perversion mascara didn't go beyond any of the other mascaras I've used as, because of it's claims, I had high expectations for it. 

One coat of Perversion mascara on my top lashes


Two coats of Perversion mascara on my top lashes & one coat on my bottom lashes

I always find that it takes me a few days to get used to the wand of a new mascara so don't initially see it at it's best. Once I had gotten used to the new brush, a fat bristle brush with a tapered end, I was really pleased with the effect the mascara gave. I like to put two coats on my upper lashes & have yet to experience clumping from this mascara. It keeps the lashes separate, giving a volumized look & I would definitely agree that it lengthens. I found that (in our heatwave!) when I didn't have eyeshadow on my brow bone, I did experience minor transfer of the mascara onto my skin. This is only the second mascara that has done this! I don't see it as a bad thing though, the fact that my eyelashes were able to touch my brow bone is impressive for me! I just need to remember to sweep some eyeshadow on, which I usually do anyway!

What do you think?

The thing that really stood out to me, & I have never experienced from a mascara, is that it creates the illusion that you've tight lined! I really like the definition this gives to the eyes. I found this mascara to feel extremely lightweight on the lashes - at no point did I feel as though I was wearing mascara & when applied, my lashes felt soft.

The one thing I've yet to master with this mascara is applying it without also getting mascara on my lash line & sometimes my eyelid. Todays application was the best I've had in terms of this. this may come with time, but if not it doesn't show if I line my eye - so it's not a deal breaker!

Slight mascara marks on lash line on application

This mascara is one of the best I've used & I would definitely recommend picking it up! Although I would have liked it to be a darker in shade, it lengthens, volumizes, creates definition at the root & feels soft & light! I have experienced no flaking from the Perversion mascara & it is easy to remove, something you often have to work harder at with darker mascaras.

The Perversion mascara retails for £17.00. It can be purchased from Debenhams & Selfridges & launches the 4th August.



Let me know if you pick this mascara up & what you thought of it!

Tania Xx

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

At 3 August 2014 at 10:11 , Blogger Unknown said...

Ooh this looks really interesting, I'll be having a look next time I'm in town :) xx

 
At 3 August 2014 at 10:56 , Blogger Tania said...

Oh you should Megan! This is now my favourite mascara, second only to the Dior Overcurl (which at £24.50 is not feasible or desirable for an everyday mascara!)! If you can get a sample size first - even better! Xx

 
At 3 August 2014 at 22:49 , Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like a lovely mascara!
xprincessjas | ♥

 
At 5 August 2014 at 18:45 , Blogger Tania said...

I've been impressed with it Jasmine - I think I'd go as far as to say that I'd pay the extra £6 or so more than I normally would for high-street brands to get consistently good results, as I'm yet to find a high-street mascara I'd repurchase! Xx

 
At 6 August 2014 at 08:32 , Blogger Unknown said...

It looks really interesting, I have couple of unopened mascaras to use so this one will have to wait, but I definitely wanna try it! Loved your review :) xx

gyudynotesofbeauty.blogspot.com

 
At 8 August 2014 at 14:53 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sounds really great! I need to check it out. xx

Beauty Soup || UK Beauty Blog

 
At 8 August 2014 at 18:40 , Blogger Tania said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has a stash of unopened mascaras! Glad you enjoyed the review! Xx

 
At 8 August 2014 at 18:41 , Blogger Tania said...

I've been very impressed Charlotte. If you can get a sample even better! Xx

 
At 8 August 2014 at 19:43 , Blogger vvnightingale said...

Looks like a really good mascara, might get it as I'm looking for a new one to use all the time :)

vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

 
At 8 August 2014 at 19:51 , Blogger Mademoiselle Lala said...

I've seen few reviews and nothing but the praises, so it seems something good to invest it! Great review!

Mademoiselle-Lala.com

 
At 8 August 2014 at 20:28 , Blogger noraaradi said...

This looks amazing and you look so pretty!

http://www.mesmemosphotoblog.com/

 
At 11 August 2014 at 23:04 , Blogger Tania said...

Definitely try it! Xx

 
At 11 August 2014 at 23:05 , Blogger Tania said...

Thanks lovely! I am definitely impressed by it & would highly recommend it! Xx

 
At 11 August 2014 at 23:05 , Blogger Tania said...

Aaww!!! Thank you Nora! Xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home