<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.whentaniatalks.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
whentaniatalks: Creating A Blusher Using The Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder Palette

Wednesday 24 September 2014

Creating A Blusher Using The Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder Palette

Hi everyone!

I’ve been debating whether to pick this beauty up for quite a while. My biggest hesitation was that I already own the full size of Dim light. I finally caved while on a trip to London, as I really love my Dim Light powder & have a theory...

Palette contains, from L to R: Dim Light, Incandescent Light (palette exclusive) + Radient Light

I’ve never been interested in the Ambient Lighting blushes, the reason being that I figured they could be re-created using a similar matte blush shade with the corresponding ambient lighting powder over the top. For example, using a matte coral shade with the Dim Light powder over would create the same effect as the Dim Infusion blush.

I then thought that, to really get my money’s worth from these beautiful, high quality but also expensive powders I could use other blusher shades with the same Ambient Lighting powder & the other way round, giving me numerous options. I haven’t tested my theory yet, so thought I’d do it as I write this post!

The Ambient Lighting Blushes are described as:

Etherial Glow - Cool pink + Etherial Light
Diffused Heat - Vibrant Poppy + Diffused Light
Dim Infusion - Subdued Coral + Dim Light
Luminous Infusion - Champagne Rose + Luminous Light
Radient Magenta - Golden Fuchsia + Radient light
Mood Exposure - Soft plum + Mood light

I don’t have anything resembling a vibrant poppy or golden fuchsia, as these are shades that just don’t suit me. I don’t have all of the Ambient Lighting Powders either. I don’t think this will be a huge deal, as I’ll still be able to show you my thought process with what I’ve got.

So, the blushes I’m going to be using are:

L-R: NYX Bourgeous Pig (dusty pink with slight blue undertones)
MAC Melba (soft coral peach)
Bobbi Brown Rose (pink rose) (discontinued)

And here are the swatches of the Ambient Lighting Powder Palette:

L to R: Dim Light, Incandescent Light, Radient Light

Now to test the theory!

L-R: NYX Bourgeous Pig
NYX Bourgeous Pig + Dim Light
NYX Bourgeous Pig + Incandescent Light
NYX Bourgeous Pig + Radient Light

L-R: MAC Melba
MAC Melba + Dim Light
MAC Melba + Incandescent Light
MAC Melba + Radient Light

L-R: Bobbi Brown Rose
Bobbi Brown Rose + Dim Light
Bobbi Brown Rose + Incandescent Light
Bobbi Brown Rose + Radient Light

If you had all 6 of the permanent Ambient Lighting Powders & the respective colours of the 6 Ambient Lighting Blushes, you would have the ability to create 720 variations available to you! For those of you interested in the maths used to work that out, it's 6!/(6-6)!=720. That's without using the blushes on their own!

So for me, purchasing the Ambient Lighting Powders & individual blusher shades it definitely a better way to invest in my makeup!

What do you think of my theory? Would you prefer to buy a ready-made blusher or ‘create your own’?

Tania Xx


Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder Ingredients:

Mica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Boron Nitride, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Silica, Octyldodecanol, Benzimidazole Diamond Amidoethyl Urea Carbamoyl Propyl Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Polyacrylamide, Benzoic Acid, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Potassium Sorbate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Laureth-7, Ethylhexylglycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Iron Oxide (CI 77491), Iron Oxide (CI 77492), Iron Oxide (CI 77499), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850).

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 24 September 2014 at 08:22 , Blogger Unknown said...

This is an amazing idea! And loved the mat bit a the end ;) xx

Gyudy’s Notes Of Beauty

 
At 24 September 2014 at 14:09 , Blogger Tania said...

Thanks Gyudy! I think if you're purchasing expensive items, whatever they may be, it's important to get the most out of them to really get your money's worth! Xx

 
At 24 September 2014 at 21:27 , Blogger Unknown said...

Such a good idea, I love layering blushes :) xx

http://creamteaandrosejam.blogspot.co.uk/

 
At 28 September 2014 at 21:14 , Blogger Tania said...

Thank you Gemma! I've not tried layering blushes, I'll have to give it a try! Xx

 
At 14 April 2015 at 18:48 , Blogger Jasmine Stewart said...

Thank you for sharing this - I'm going to give it a go :D xx


Magpie Jasmine | Zoeva Brush Set Giveaway

 
At 14 April 2015 at 19:08 , Blogger Tania said...

No problem lovely! Let me know how you get on. Xx

 
At 8 July 2015 at 20:32 , Blogger katieannetc said...

Love this post - I really want MAC Melba now, such a gorgeous colour! It's my birthday in a couple of weeks so I think one of the Hourglass powders might have to go on my list, now to choose one! xx

 
At 10 July 2015 at 00:29 , Blogger Tania said...

Thanks Katie! It is a beautiful blusher. I really love how versatile the palette is & just how many combinations you can create. I really can't see me buying one of the bronzers or blushes as I can make my own with products I already have! Xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home