<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.whentaniatalks.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
whentaniatalks: Maybelline Colour Elixers - Review

Sunday 28 September 2014

Maybelline Colour Elixers - Review

Hi Everyone!

I was extremely lucky to be sent a Maybelline Colour Elixer in the shade Dashing Orchid prior to their release in the UK by an American friend of mine. I have sensitive lips & can react to products even if there is nothing in the ingredients that I know I’m allergic to. I’m currently trying to pinpoint the culprit ingredient(s) & document it here for you. I digress…

L to R: Signature Scarlet, Caramel Infused, Blush Essence, Rose Redefined, Raspberry Rhapsody

Having been able to use one of the Colour Elixers prior to their release & knowing I liked them, I naturally did what I always do when I find a lip product that doesn’t cause me a problem – buy the whole lot!

Let me tell you about the six shades I have:

 L to R: Caramel Infused, Rose Redefined, Signature Scarlet

Caramel Infused 

Rose Redefined 

Signature Scarlet 

L to R: Blush Essence, Raspberry Rhapsody, Dashing Orchid

Blush Essence

Raspberry Rhapsody

Dashing Orchid

Firstly, they smell amazing! It's definitely on the sweeter side, almost warm. It's an obvious smell without being obtrusively scented.I can't put my finger on what it smells like - it's similar to MAC glosses minus the vanilla! Definitely go & smell these yourselves!

Secondly, they are extremely moisturising! If you swatch one on the back of your hand, wipe it off & compare the difference between how soft each of your hands are you’ll be amazed! I have dry lips & these are so comfortable to wear!

The shade selection is good, though the lightest shades are too light for my taste. There are 20 shades in total, though currently in the UK we have 11. Colour payoff is really good, though the colour you actually get is not that of the colour you see in the tube. The formula lasts well on the lips but seems to change the longer it's on your lips. I'm in love with these & can't wait for summer to come round again to pick up the coral shade!

The Maybelline Colour Elixers Retail for £6.99 & can be found in most stockists that carry Maybelline.

Will you be checking this range out?
Which of these shades is your favourite?


Tania Xx


Maybelline Colour Elixers Ingredients:

Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate,Trimethylsiloxyphenyl Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Hydrogenated Styrene/Methyl, Styrene/Indene Copolymer, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Hydrogenated Styrene/Butadiene Copolymer, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Hydrogenated, Castor Oil Isostearate, Bis-Behenyl/Isostearyl/Phytosteryl Dimer Dilinoleyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Silica Silylate, Pentylene Glycol, Poly C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate, Caprylyl Glycol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Punica Granatum Seed Oil, Alumina, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Linalool, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Tin Oxide, Limonene, Aluminum, Hydroxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Dimethicone, Parfum / Fragrance

May Contain: Mica CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides CI 15850 / Red 7 CI 45380 / Red 22 Lake CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake CI 75470 / Carmine CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake].

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 10 October 2014 at 17:42 , Blogger Unknown said...

I still haven't gotten around to picking these up yet, after your post I will have to. They look really good.
Zeynab x

The Beautifully Disastrous

 
At 10 October 2014 at 21:42 , Blogger Tania said...

Thanks! They are wonderful - I'm going to be picking the coral shade up before I go on holiday next year! Xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home