<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.whentaniatalks.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
whentaniatalks: Maybelline Vs. Rimmel - Battle Of The Brows!

Wednesday 15 October 2014

Maybelline Vs. Rimmel - Battle Of The Brows!

Hi Everyone!

As someone who has been searching for the perfect brow products, I was really chuffed when Maybelline brought out their Brow Drama Sculpting Mascara (£4.99). Then Benefit brought out their own version – the Gimme Brow Gel (£17.50) – I thought something even better had come along, until I read the ingredients. The Gimme Brow Gel contains Citric Acid, which I’m allergic to, so I had to remain contented with my Maybelline offering. That was until recently! This August, Rimmel brought out their Brow This Way Styling Gel (£3.99) & I HAD to try it!


So I thought for today’s post, I would compare these two brow products, both of which I purchased in Dark Brown. Now to start with, I wasn’t expecting there to be much difference – how wrong I was!

First of all I’m just going to mention what is probably the most visually obvious difference about these two products – their brushes.

Maybelline & Rimmel Wands

The Maybelline wand has a very narrow brush with a large (relative) bristled ball on the end. You can use both the thin wand & the ball on the eyebrows, though I have found just using the ball to be easier & create little to no mess. Using the wand can result in smudges on the forehead from the ball touching on application. I don't think it's supposed to be slightly bent!

The Rimmel wand is conical in shape, making application easy even for precise application.

Pigmentation was where I saw the biggest difference though! I found the Maybelline Brow Sculptor attached itself to the hairs, deepening them in colour but not transferring any product to the skin. For me this wasn’t ideal as the tails of both my brows are sparse. In comparison, the Rimmel Brow This Way left colour on both brows & skin. For me this was exactly what I wanted & expected when I originally picked up my Maybelline Brow Drama. I have found however, that the Rimmel can deposit too much product at times, leaving little clumps in the brows. These can easily be brushed out, but I feel I spend the same amount of time & possibly even more energy than I do when I use a pencil & clear mascara!

Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Mascara

Rimmel Brow This Way Styling Gel

Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Mascara

Rimmel Brow This Way Styling Gel

I have recently noticed from photos that the top of my right eyebrow is lower than the rest of the brow! For this reason, I like to fill in this part of my brow in particular. Neither the Maybelline nor Rimmel brow products allow me to do this. 

I definitely need to play around more with the Rimmel Brow This Way as I think it might be a matter of practice to avoid these clumps. I really like the idea of having a brow gel so I can make mine more presentable in a more timely fashion than it takes me with a pencil/powder & clear mascara.

Have you tried either of these brow products? If so, what were your thoughts?
If you’ve any suggestions on brow products I should try, please let me know in the comments – I’m a woman on a mission to find her perfect brows!

Tania Xx


Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Mascara Ingredients:

AQUA/WATER, STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, ALCOHOL DENAT., BUTYLENE GLYCOL, ACRYLAMIDE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE COPOLYMER, ISOHEXADECANE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, AMMONIUM POLYACRYLDIMETHYLTAURAMIDE/AMONIUM POLYACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE, NYLON-12, POLYSORBATE 80, STERETH-20, SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, SORBITAN OLEATE, DISODIUM EDTA, PANTHENOL, TETRASODIUM EDTA, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SILICA, [+/- MAY CONTAIN, MICA, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/IRON OXIDES, CI 77891/TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77007/ULTRAMARINES, CI 75470/CARMINE, CI 77742/MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77510/FERRIC FERROCYANIDE]. (F.I.L. D160406/3).

Rimmel Brow This Way Styling Gel Ingredients:

CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, AQUA/WATER/EAU, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TALC, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, ACRYLATES CROSSPOLYMER, CETEARYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, AMMONIUM ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14 DIMETHICONE, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, TRIBEHENIN, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, LAURETH-7, LECITHIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, TRIHYDROXYSTEARIN, CHLORPHENESIN, DIMETHICONOL, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, ALCOHOL DENAT., PROPYLENE CARBONATE, XANTHAN GUM, GLYCERIN,DISODIUM DECETH-5 SULFOSUCCINATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, DISODIUM EDTA, LAURETH-30, SODIUM PCA, UREA, LAURETH-4, HEXYL CINNAMAL, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, LIMONENE, TREHALOSE, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL,POLYQUATERNIUM-51, LINALOOL, GERANIOL, BHT, CITRONELLOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, TRIACETIN, SODIUMHYALURONATE, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE. [May Contain/ Peut Contenir/+/-: IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)]

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 27 October 2014 at 12:16 , Blogger Unknown said...

This is great! I am a brow obsessive and am always on the lookout for new products.. Like you I have naturally quite sparse brows so I'd like to give the Rimmel one a try! I usually use Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade, or have recently invested in the Soap and Glory Archery brow pencil, both of which I like :)

Rosie (itsalljustrosie.blogspot.co.uk)

 
At 27 October 2014 at 18:10 , Blogger Tania said...

Thanks Rosie! I really want to try the Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade & Brow Arch, but am worried that I won't order the right shade! Where do you get yours & which shade? I really like the Soap & Glory too, by far my favourite 'drugstore' brow product. I'd love to know what you think of the Rimmel Brow Gel! Xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home