<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.whentaniatalks.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
whentaniatalks: Shop My Stash Autumn 2014

Wednesday 1 October 2014

Shop My Stash Autumn 2014

Hi Everyone! 

So I’ve a LOT of makeup - probable more than any one person could use in a lifetime! I’m also saving up for a DSLR & will be (fingers crossed) starting a family in the near future.

I want to be able to really use the makeup I have to get my money’s worth & cut back on my spending, particularly on makeup!

I thought I’d take you through a few of the products that will be working their way back into my makeup routine…

No. 7 Eyeshadow Trio in Good Earth (£9.50)


This trio has gone through two package changes & a product reformulation since I bought it. These now contain shea butter so I can't recommend it to those of you with nut allergies! As you can see I’ve shown the top two colours quite a lot of love! It’s a really easy trio to use on an every day basis, especially with my next product. The shades in this trio are similar to those found in the Soap & Glory Lid Stuff Quad in ‘What’s Nude’, which I also own so would like to use the No. 7 trio up!

Maybelline 24hr Colour Tattoo in Pink Gold (£4.99)


This base is great used on the lid with the taupe shade from the Good Earth trio in the crease & the highlight shade on the brow bone. This is my quick, fool proof eye look if I don’t know what to go to. I also have 2 of this shade as there was a time I kept some makeup at my parents so I had less to travel with. I bought a second as wanted to have one at each house! On reflection this was not one of my best ideal, but hindsight is a wonderful thing!

MAC Blusher in Blushbaby (£18)


Another fool proof item in my makeup stash, this is one of MAC’s Sheertone blushes. This makes it really easy to throw on without worrying you’ll end up looking like a clown! I love rosier blusher shades in the Autumn & Winter months so this will definitely be getting a lot of love! It’s one of my cooler toned blushers so doesn’t get any use in the Spring & Summer. MAC have upped their prices astronomically so I definitely want to get my money’s worth!

MAC blusher in Style (£18)


It’s surprised me that this peachy coral shade hasn’t been used by me during the summer months. It’s gives a lovely natural flush to the cheeks without being as warm as blushes such as NARS Orgasm, Benefit Coralista & MAC Springsheen, making it perfect as an Autumn blusher. It also contains less shimmer than the other names blushers so is ideal for throwing on quickly, giving you those precious extra moments in bed!

MAC MSF in Porcelain Pink (LE £23)


I saw Lily Pebbles talk about incorporating a highlighter into her A/W makeup to give luminosity to the skin & it got me thinking! If skin is looking lacklustre, what better way to pep it up than with a highlighter! MAC’s <<name>> is very subtle & without glitter so will give a glow to the cheek bones without looking overdone or like a disco ball! This product was limited edition, but I find MAC’s Lightscapade to be similarly subtle.

NARS Tinted Moisturiser (£29)


I realised during the summer that instead of paring my makeup back, I was using more base makeup! I went from my trusty MAC MSF Natural to my NARS Tinted Moisturiser! I did this because the tinted moisturiser contains an SPF of 30. I’ve noticed in previous Autumn & Winter months that my skin looks tired & lacklustre. So I’m going to try to incorporate my tinted moisturiser into my makeup routine to try & combat this. I doubt I’ll wear it to work, especially as I’m trying to use up my B. Powder in my ‘Project Pan’, whch you can view here.

There are two lip trends that I really want to incorporate into my makeup for A/W – the berry lip & the red lip! I’ve three products in mind to create these…

YSL Rouge Volupte Shine in No. 2 (£24)


I wore this last winter & loved! It’s my ultimate berry lip! I love the melon scent, the moisturising feel on the lips & the ease of application (great for a dark shade!)! This lipstick is one of the few things that excites me about the colder months!

NARS Larger Than Life Lipgloss in Place Vendôme (£19.50)


I bought this lipgloss to wear over a lipstick to an event last year. Unfortunately the lipstick turned nasty on my lips & I had to take it back. I haven’t worn the lipgloss since! I don’t like the applicator as it’s a brush rather than a doe foot applicator – I don’t like the sensation of applying it. Sounds silly I know! Anyway – I really want to get my money’s worth from this lipgloss so am determined to use it this A/W.

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Revlon Red (£7.49)


I’ve loads of red lip products as I’ve been experimenting with colour to try to widen my horizons. I’ve been really enjoying the warmer toned reds during summer, but am going to go for a true red this winter. I loved Revlon’s ‘Fire & Ice’ so thought ‘Revlon Red’ would be a good choice to ease myself in to those true red shades. These lipsticks are so comfortable to wear. For me it’s important that the formula is comfortable when wearing a new bold shade – the last thing you want is to be conscious of the texture & feel, as it can make you self conscious of your lip colour choice! Revlon Red is supposed to be a dupe for MAC’s Russian Red, which is great as I’m allergic to one of the ingredients in MAC’s lipsticks.

Do you shop your stash?
What are you looking forward to wearing this A/W?

Tania Xx

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 1 October 2014 at 16:45 , Blogger hayleyeszti said...

YSL rouge lipstick looks like perfection!!! I need to get my mits on that!

Hayley-Eszti

www.hayleyeszti.blogspot.com

 
At 2 October 2014 at 22:02 , Blogger Tania said...

You definitely do - it's so beautiful! Xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home