<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.whentaniatalks.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
whentaniatalks: Spot The Difference - L'Oreal Skin Perfection Cleansing Wipes

Sunday 9 November 2014

Spot The Difference - L'Oreal Skin Perfection Cleansing Wipes

Hi Everyone!

I thought today we’d play a little game of Spot The Difference! No, we aren’t going back to Nursery. This post is aiming to show just how difficult it can be for someone with allergies to shop.


Recently, while in London, I picked up my favourite makeup wipes, the L’Oreal Paris Skin Perfection Nourishing Cleansing Wipes. I was on the train home & decided to save some time by removing the majority of my makeup on the train so I had less to do once I’d arrived home.

I noticed straight away that the texture of the wipe was different. I was extremely lucky that the wipes structure had been changed, had it not have been I could have ended up in great difficulty. I straight away read the ingredients.

I spent the last hour of my journey with stinging, hot, red hands. I now have to look for an alternative makeup wipe that is moisturising & does not contain ingredients I’m allergic to.

Let's take a look at the old & new packaging side by side.

New packaging at the top, old packaging at the bottom

So, there are two differences on these packages. Can you spot them? I didn't! Here they are for you...

New packaging at the top, old packaging at the bottom

Although the bottom pack is the older version, it says 'New Pack'. The only other difference is the 'Extra Soft Cloth' image. The text is the same, the colour scheme is the same & there is nothing to indicate that the ingredients are any different. Is the back any different?

New packaging at the top, old packaging at the bottom

I think I's fair to say that the back of the packaging is different - not significantly different, but enough that, when put side by side, you can see that there is a difference. However, it is the front of the pack that people see in store!

Let's take a look at the ingredients now. This time we'll start with the original pack & then make a comparison with the new ingredients to see what's been changed.

Original ingredients: Aqua/water, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, PEG-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Steraate, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Xanthan Gum, Tocopherol, 2-Oleamido-1, 3-Octadecanediol, Methylparaben, Quaternium-15, Parfum/Fragrance, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Hexyl Cinnamal. (FIL B11358/1).

Ingredients: Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Paeonia Suffruticosa Extract/Paeonia Suffruticosa Root Extract, PEG-100 Stearate, Rosa Gallica Extract/Rosa Gallica Flower Extract, Glyceryl Stearate, Prunus Amygoalus Dulois/Sweet Almond Oil, Ammonium Polyacryldimethyltauramide/Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetet, Disodium EDTA, Isopropyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Xanthan Gum, Cetyl Alcohol, Tocopherol, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Myrtrimonium Bromide, Parfum/Fragrance, FIL B16-4911/2.

In addition to the sweet almond oil & citric acid that have been added to the new formula the following ingredients are new:


Paeonia Suffruticosa Extract/Paeonia Suffruticosa Root Extract, Rosa Gallica Extract/Rosa Gallica Flower Extract, Ammonium Polyacryldimethyltauramide/Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Myrtrimonium Bromide, FIL B16-4911/2.

The problem this change of ingredients causes is a difficulty that all people with allergies face to a greater or lesser extent. Those following a vegetarian or vegan lifestyle face similar difficulties. This extends to all products, not just beauty. Prior to being on the FODMAP diet & so not being able to eat dairy, I have eaten Mars bars without realising that the ingredients had changed to include ‘may contain wheat’. This was subsequently removed so I was able to go back to eating Mars bars!

Unfortunately, I don’t have the time or energy to check every the ingredients of every single item in my food shop or when I’m picking up a few of my beauty staples before work. I do my best to check for differences in packaging, but it isn’t easy.

I have updated my List Of Main Allergens Found In Cosmetics post accordingly.

What are your makeup wipe recommendations?

Tania Xx

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 10 November 2014 at 18:34 , Blogger Tania said...

Thanks Larissa, glad you enjoy it! Xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home