<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.whentaniatalks.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
whentaniatalks: What I’m Thankful For – November 2014

Wednesday 26 November 2014

What I’m Thankful For – November 2014

Hi Everyone!

I couldn’t let this go by without writing about how thankful I am for all those who have made the ultimate sacrifice in laying their lives down for Queen & Country, so that we might live in (relative) safety.

Every November we take two minutes out of our daily lives to remember these heroes, along with those who have fought & returned home to us. This year though was a little different for me.


I need to preface the following with a little about the experiences of one of my family members. My Great Uncle Cec fought in Burma alongside the Gurkhas. He spoke very highly of them, their bravery & the dedication they showed. My Great Uncle, himself very brave, was twice being mentioned in dispatches.

I live in a town with a prominent Gurkha community. In the lead up to Remembrance Day, those who fought with the British Army come together proudly in uniform to raise funds for The Royal British Legion. I walked past them a few times on my way to work & it was this presence that triggered the following…

…So now I’ve set the scene, let’s get into the details!

I am thankful for each & every person who goes protects our country, be it in the police, armed forces or any other role. There is no way to express my gratitude for their selflessness.

In the case of my Great Uncle, those he fought with, some of whom laid down their lives, did this so that he & so many others could come home, have a family & live in safety. If my Great Uncle had not come home safely, he would not have married my Great Aunt (who’s war efforts involved intercepting enemy messages & sending them to Bletchley Park to be decoded) or had children. As a result, my life would’ve been very different.

I am thankful for our heroes – those who have fought bravely & those that continue to do so. I’m thankful for the nurses & drs who care for our wounded – they deserve the best possible care for their sacrifices.

“Never was so much owed by so many to so few” – Winston Churchill, 20 August 1940.

Tania Xx



You can view October's post to find out why I'm thankful for my GP here.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home