<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.whentaniatalks.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
whentaniatalks: Contour Chronicles - NYX Taupe Blusher

Wednesday 14 January 2015

Contour Chronicles - NYX Taupe Blusher

Hi Everyone!

As a fairer skinned girl, I do struggle to find a contour shade that doesn’t pull too orange toned or muddy. So I thought I’d run a Contour Chronicles series along side my Concealer Chronicles. I’ve already posted about MAC Harmony blusher & thought I’d continue the series with NYX Taupe blusher.


As I’ve already said, I have fair skin but I think, when taking about any skin, undertone is also very important to note. I’ve yellow undertones; so don’t fall into the palest category, which mostly describes those with pinker undertones.


To keep consistency, I’m going to be using my MAC 168 brush on my face & the Real Techniques Duo-Fibe Eye Brush to contour my nose. If I’ve found a brush that I think creates a better result for the product in question I’ll be sure to let you know.


NYX describes Taupe as a ‘matte taupe'.



This blusher applies very nicely & has a good amount of pigmentation for contouring – not too much & not too little. I find the raised pyramid design on the blusher a little odd when getting product onto the brush, though that could just be me being a little weird! This shade is good for my paler skin – it shows up without looking heavy or unnatural. I also don’t run into the difficulty of being heavy handed & applying too much product by accident! Taupe is a good neutral shade that leans on the cooler side, which I prefer. I feel like there is a hint of rose in this blusher too.





Products Used:
NYX Taupe Blusher
Benefit Porefessional
Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum in 51
Estee Lauder Disappear Smoothing Creme Concealer in 02-Light - discontinued
Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder in 01
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Eyeshadows from Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette
GOSH White Eyeliner - no longer available & in my Project Pan
Urban Decay Liquid Liner in Perversion
Soap & Glory Brow Archery in Brownie Points
MUA Clear Mascara as brow gel
Jordana Best Lash Extreme Mascara in Black
Bobbi Brown Blusher in Nude Pink
MAC MSF in Porcelain Pink
NYX Butter Gloss in Angle Food Cake

I don’t know why I prefer a cooler toned contour shade with my warm toned skin! Maybe it’s to do with me also being of a lighter complexion – who knows!

NYX’s Taupe blusher is £6, while the 168 brush & Real Techniques Duo-Fiber Collection are £27 & £23 respectively.

What product(s) & brush(s) do you use to contour with?

Tania Xx


INGREDIENTS
Mica, Talc, Magnesium Stearate, Dimethicone,Isononyl Isononanoate, Nylon-12, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Zinc Oxide,Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.

May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), D&C Red 6 (CI15850), D&CRed 7 (CI15850), D&C Red 27 (CI45410), D&C Red 30 (CI73360),FD&C Yellow 5 (CI19140), FD&C Yellow 6 (CI15985), Iron OxideYellow (CI77492), Iron Oxide Red (CI77491), Iron Oxide Black (CI77499),Manganese Violet (CI77742), Ultramarines (CI77288)

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 14 January 2015 at 13:23 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks really natural! Great post!

justalittlegloss.blogspot.co.uk xx

 
At 15 January 2015 at 16:50 , Blogger Tania said...

Thanks Porsche! It's definitely one of my favourite products for contouring! Xx

 
At 19 January 2015 at 05:47 , Blogger mizzmoi said...

Great post, although I don't think this would work for me haha!
www.diamants-au-chocolat.blogspot.ie

 
At 20 January 2015 at 20:38 , Blogger Tania said...

Thanks! Yes, I agree - I doubt it would show up on you at all! You've a beautiful skin tone, just now quite right for this product! Xx

 
At 3 February 2015 at 14:26 , Blogger Unknown said...

This looks fab on you x
Laura | A Life With Frills

 
At 3 February 2015 at 22:21 , Blogger Tania said...

Thanks Laura! Xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home