<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.whentaniatalks.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
whentaniatalks: Nanshy 4-in-1 Makeup Blending Sponge - Review

Monday 19 January 2015

Nanshy 4-in-1 Makeup Blending Sponge - Review

Hi Everyone!

I have never been a fan of putting on face makeup on with a brush. I think it’s because using a brush accentuates my dry, eczema prone ski. I used my fingers to apply any liquid products.

I was watching YouTube & one of the lovely ladies I’m subscribed to (I forget who) said that she loved using a beauty blender on her dry skin as it gives a great finish. It was this that got me thinking “would a beauty blender work well for me?”

So when my Nanshy 4-in-1 Makeup Blending Sponge* arrived through the post I was like a kid at Christmas! I had already done ½ my makeup, which I quickly removed it so I could try my new sponge! 


The sponge is designed for use with liquid & cream products, as well as mineral-based & wet-dry makeup. The 4-in-1 Sponge comes to a point, as most blending sponges do. In this case though, the sponge has two different surfaces. One side is a flat rise, the other curved. I really like the ‘waist’ on this sponge. For those of you who have read my health blog, or have seen some of my posts on here, I have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (a connective tissue disorder) & my hands are some of my most affected joints. This ergonomic feature of the sponge makes it easy & comfortable to hold & apply product with.


Nanshy describe the 4-in-1 Makeup Blending Sponge as being made from a ‘micro-pore formulation’. I don’t quite know what this entales, but it is really soft! Nanshy state that the 4-in-1 Makeup Blending Sponge is ‘latex-free, non-allergenic & odor-free.’ If you’ve read some of my previous posts where the claim ‘hypo-allergenic’ is made, you’ll know that I have a tendency to be really quite critical if products contain common allergens (you can read my ‘Hypoallergenic – What Does It Actually Mean?’ post here.). If Nanshy had made the claim that their 4-in-1 Makeup Blending Sponge was hypoallergenic I’d have been happy, as it is latex-free. I have a problem with the ‘non-allergenic’ though - there is no such thing! Absolutely anything can cause an allergic reaction. The sun can cause a reaction in a small number of people, as can water. I know the number of people affected is miniscule, but it is still possible. I do like that the Nanshy are a Cruelty Free company.



For my initial application I used the Giorgio Armani Silk Crème foundation. I used the bottom of the sponge to apply my foundation & the flat pointed end to apply my Estee Lauder Disappear Smoothing Crème concealer.

The next day, I applied these same products, but with the Benefit Porefessional underneath. I find sometimes that when I use my fingers to apply foundation over primer the application can disturb the primer – not so with the blending sponge! I even forgot to wet the sponge before using it & it delivered excellent results, so it really is fool proof!

I was impressed with the ease of application & great finish – nothing like what I experience with a brush! I found that the patches at the side of my nose, which usually look flaky, transitioned beautifully with the blending sponge. The thing that impressed me most though, was the way in which it applied my concealer! Nanshy say that the 4-in-1 Makeup Blending Sponge will ‘Brighten your complexion and create build-able airbrush-like coverage, hide imperfections and achieve the smoothest finish imaginable.’ I usually use the Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush for my under eye concealer, but using the Blending Sponge took my under eyes to a whole nother level! The lines that have become more prominent this last year seemed to disappear in front of my eyes! My makeup looked flawless!



I’ve been so impressed with the 4-in-1 Makeup Blending Sponge & would highly recommend it! For £5.95, the quality is fantastic - you really can’t go wrong with this sponge! You can find more details & purchase this sponge from Nanshy’s website.

I'm going to be doing a 'Get Ready With Me' video in the next couple of weeks using this sponge, so keep your eyes open for that.

What do you use to apply your foundation & concealer?
Would you like to see a comparison between this makeup sponge & another? If so, which one?


Tania Xx

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 26 January 2015 at 11:10 , Blogger Alice Grace said...

I've been wanting to try a beauty blender type sponge recently and you've definitely sold me on this one! I have dry skin and I've loved using buffing brushes for my foundation for years, but I'm excited to try something new - this sounds ideal!

alicegracebeauty.com

x

 
At 27 January 2015 at 19:27 , Blogger Tania said...

Great! I'm glad I've done it justice. I've just posted a GRWM using the sponge that might also be helpful. Xx

 
At 1 February 2015 at 14:07 , Blogger gleamogirljoelle said...

I've always wanted to try a beauty blender but this blog makes me want to try the nanshy.

 
At 3 February 2015 at 22:20 , Blogger Tania said...

I'd definitely recommend it! Have you tried any other versions? If not, I'd definitely say to try this one as if you don't get on with the style of application you've not spent as much. Xx

 
At 1 March 2015 at 16:37 , Blogger Heather Nixon said...

I have dry skin with eczema flare ups too and I love sponges to apply my foundation when my skin is bad x

Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

 
At 2 March 2015 at 22:36 , Blogger Tania said...

Dry eczema prone skin can be so difficult with face makeup can't it! I really have found this sponge an asset on these occasions - I need to invest in more! Xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home