<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.whentaniatalks.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
whentaniatalks: Contour Chronicles - NARS Laguna Bronzer

Monday 9 February 2015

Contour Chronicles - NARS Laguna Bronzer

Hi Everyone!

As a fairer skinned girl, I do struggle to find a contour shade that doesn’t pull too orange toned or muddy. So I thought I’d run a Contour Chronicles series along side my Concealer Chronicles. I’ve already posted about MAC Harmony blusher & NYX Taupe blusher. So thought I’d continue the series with a cult classic - NARS Laguna bronzer.


As I’ve already said, I have fair skin but I think, when taking about any skin, undertone is also very important to note. I’ve yellow undertones; so don’t fall into the palest category, which mostly describes those with pinker undertones.


To keep consistency, I’m going to be using my MAC 168 brush on my face & the Real Techniques Duo-Fibe Eye Brush to contour my nose. If I’ve found a brush that I think creates a better result for the product in question I’ll be sure to let you know.


NARS describes Laguna as a ‘Diffused brown powder with golden shimmer’.


This bronzer applies very nicely & has a good amount of pigmentation for contouring – not too much & not too little. I don’t find the ‘golden shimmer’ shows up when the powder is applied to the face. This shade is good for my paler skin – it shows up without looking heavy or unnatural. I also don’t run into the difficulty of being heavy handed & applying too much product by accident! Laguna is a good neutral shade that leans on the warmer side & while I prefer cooler tones for contour – I really like this too!


Products used:
NARS Laguna Bronzer
Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick in No. 1 Warm Ivory
Estee Lauder Disappear Smoothing Crème Concealer in Light
Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder in 01
Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Pink Gold
Eyeshadows from the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette
Soap & Glory Brow Archery in Brownie Points
MUA Clear Mascara as brow gel
Jordana Best Lash Extreme Mascara in Black (top lashes)
MAC MSF in Porcelain Pink
Clinique Quickliner For Lips in No. 40 Neuturally
Clinique Long Last Lipstick in FA Beauty

I don’t know why I prefer a cooler toned contour shade with my warm toned skin! Maybe it’s to do with me also being of a lighter complexion – who knows! I really like Laguna bronzer though!

NARS' Laguna bronzer is £27.50, while the 168 brush & Real Techniques Duo-Fiber Collection are £27 & £23 respectively.

What product(s) & brush(s) do you use to contour with?

Tania Xx


INGREDIENTS

TALC, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, NYLON-12, SILICA, ZINC STERATE, POLYETHYLENE, DIMETHICONE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, LAUROYL LISINE, ETHYLPARABEN, METHYLPARABEN, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, TRISODIUM EDTA, TOCOPHERAL, [+/-(MAY CONTAIN): MICA, CI77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), CI 77492 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77491 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES)].

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 9 February 2015 at 11:24 , Blogger Hollie Becca said...

I struggle finding contour shades too without it looking orange or muddy!
im so fair, and even my palest concealers look orange and patchy sometimes!
Loved this post :) xx

www.holliebeca.blogspot.co.uk

 
At 11 February 2015 at 09:55 , Blogger Tania said...

Yes, I know exactly what you mean Hollie! Glad you liked it! If you find products can look orange on you I may have just the product for contouring coming up soon! Xx

 
At 22 February 2015 at 12:03 , Blogger Lotte Lauv said...

I really like the shade looks really natural :)

www.lottebeautybox.blogspot.co.uk

 
At 23 February 2015 at 13:09 , Blogger Unknown said...

Laguna bronzer is so gorgeous, i love how natural it looks on the skin!
xprincessjas | ♥

 
At 26 February 2015 at 21:18 , Blogger Tania said...

Thanks Lotte! I love how versatile it is. Xx

 
At 26 February 2015 at 21:20 , Blogger Tania said...

It really is lovely! I'd highly recommend it for use as a contour as well as a bronzer! Xx

 
At 8 March 2015 at 16:19 , Blogger Heather Nixon said...

I love Laguna as a bronzer but for my super pale skin, it's too dark/orange x

Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

 
At 15 March 2015 at 14:50 , Blogger Tania said...

I know where you're coming from Heather! I'm lucky that, though my skin is light, it also has yellow undertones. As a result I can use (some) bronzers to contour, though there are a number (some of which I'll be featuring later) that give me the same result you get with using Laguna to contour. It's a shame, as some I bought because of the hype from bloggers & YouTubers! Never mind - they'll be going on eBay/Depop soon! Xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home