<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.whentaniatalks.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
whentaniatalks: Umberto Giannini Curl Friends Jelly - Review

Thursday 30 April 2015

Umberto Giannini Curl Friends Jelly - Review

Hi Everyone!

So you’ve probably noticed that I’ve curly hair! This seems to have been the result of my taking Sodium Valproate. The curls started when the meds started & got curlier as the does increased! I’m hoping this doesn’t reverse as I come of the Sodium Valproate as I’m just getting the hang of styling my curls! On that note, meet today’s product - the new Umberto Giannini Curl Friends Create A Curl Scrunching Jelly*.



This product is designed to de-frizz & define curls. I struggle with frizz, so was very excited to give this a try! I do think this helped to calm my frizz prone hair & also noticed that my curls were more defined, it surprised me at first as I hadn’t seen them particularly defined since my hair has gotten longer (& so heavier!).

One of the things I really like about this product is that it’s hard to over product your hair. I’m quite heavy handed so this is a huge plus for me! My hair did sometimes look a little ‘wet’, though I don’t know whether this was just because I was looking in the mirror when my hair was wet! The jelly kept my curls defined all day, even in windy weather!


I had a little bit of a panic about three weeks into using the jelly when I read the bottle. I must’ve had a dyslexic moment & misread jelly for gel - the last time I used a gel was not a pretty sight! There is a photo of me that I wanted to include to show you just how bad, but I untagged myself from it on FaceBook & now can't find it (probably a good thing!).

A minute later & I was telling myself not to ‘be so stupid’ - I’d already been loving using product & had great results! That wouldn’t suddenly change by me finding out that it’s a gel (even though it actually isn’t!)! Just a little snippet for you into my very muddy brain!

Here are some pics of me with the jelly defining my curls.





The product has a pleasant, light fragrance & is silicone free. It’s also only £6, a price I was expecting to be higher & can be purchased from Boots.

Have you tried anything from the Curl Friends range?

Tania Xx


Ingredients:

AQUA (WATER), XANTHAN GUM, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCERIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, ACRYLATES/PALMETH-25 ACRYLATE COPOLYMER, POLYQUATERNIUM-11, PEG-40 HYDROGENATED CASTER OIL, SODIUM BENZOATE, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, SODIUM METHYLPARABEN, AMINOMRTHYL PROPANOL, PARAFUM (FRAGRANCE), BENZOPHENONE-4, COUMARIN, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, LINALOOL, CI 17200 (RED 33).

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 1 May 2015 at 11:54 , Anonymous Donna said...

Your curls are beautiful. I am very unadventurous when it comes to hair products. I've been using Moroccan oil products for a while now and they are honestly the only thing that has managed to tame my curly hair so far. I've actually only embraced my natural curls since around October last year- used to straighten, straighten, straighten before! It was the only way I could make it look 'decent'.

 
At 3 May 2015 at 15:44 , Blogger Megan Elizabeth said...

I haven't tried Curl Friends but it looks like such a good product and £6 is SO good! I love your blog and can I just point out that your skin is beautiful!

http://www.itsmeganelizabeth.blogspot.co.uk

 
At 4 May 2015 at 11:42 , Blogger Tania said...

Thank you Donna! I have to say that I'm generally the same - if I find something I like I stick to it! I'll have to try the Moroccan oil products. I think a friend might have sent me their curl cream. If it's the product I'm thinking of, I loved it - only problem is that I can't get it locally & Boots don't have it on their website either! Good for you embracing your natural curls! I used to straighten my hair too, but it became too painful on my wrists & elbows with my EDS that I had to stop doing it. Xx

 
At 4 May 2015 at 11:45 , Blogger Tania said...

Thank you so much Megan, that's really kind of you to say! I've been very impressed with this product. So much so that, while I usually stick to the John Frieda range, I found myself reeding the ingredients of all the other products in the line! I can use all but one too! Xx

 
At 20 May 2015 at 16:42 , Blogger Bethan Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous <3 I might have to pick this up and give it a go because my hair has suddenly decided to be naturally wavy/curly and I dont know what to do with it but it goes so frizzy when I let it dry naturally
Beth x
Mermaid in Disguise

 
At 21 May 2015 at 09:13 , Blogger Tania said...

Thanks Beth! I feel you with the frizz issue! Are you able to use a hairdryer or straighteners? I can't, so drying naturally is my only option & I really think this did a good job at taming the frizz. Xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home