<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.whentaniatalks.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
whentaniatalks: Winter Is Coming...

Monday 20 April 2015

Winter Is Coming...

Hi Everyone!

I realised that it’s been quite a while since I wrote a lifestyle post for you all. I then came across something on the internet (which I will come back to) that I found interesting & inspired me to write today about today’s topic - the return of Game Of Thrones! Game Of Thrones is one of my husband & my favourite shows. We have been watching it religiously since it first aired & eagerly await each episode! I was so excited for the start of season 5 last week (no spoilers for those of you who haven’t yet seen it) & tonight’s episode is just as eagerly anticipated. Dan has already told me one thing that will be happening this series. He listened to the audio books in the car on the way to work & managed to let slip at the end of the ‘Red Wedding’ episode. Don’t worry, I won’t spoil it for you!



This month’s Cosmopolitan featured section on ‘Life Lessons’ from some of the kick-ass women of Game Of Thrones in their ‘The Cheat Sheet - what to watch, read and listen to this month’ article. I know everyone has a favourite character & I mine would have to be mother of dragons, Daenerys Targaryen. Deanerys is a strong, independent woman who is not afraid to rule for the best interests of others. She has liberated slaves & has three dragons! Not to mention amazing hair! I am also particularly fond of her lady in waiting, Missandei. This may partly be because she is played by Nathalie Emmanuel who was at school with my sister, but also for her role as counsel to Daenerys - the only woman with this power.



Game of Thrones is known for it’s famous deaths (who’d have known that Ned Stark, one of the primary characters would be killed off in the first series!). As well as the Cosmo piece, I came across an interesting article put together by My Voucher Codes that looks into this in more depth. Spoiler alert - who’d have known that my favourite character, Deanerys Targaryen had the highest number of kills along side ‘King Slayer’, Jamie Lannister! Want to know the most bereaved families? The most used method of disposing of an enemy? Maybe just the overall fatality total? It’s all in this article!

I enjoy the intertwining story lines & the movement form one geographic location to another makes for an interesting watch. The title sequence is superb - Dan can tell exactly which areas the episode will take us! I’m yet to figure it out. The music is very well thought out, from the theme tune to the orchestration & instrumentation used in live music for feasts & celebrations, which are reminiscent of our own musical heritage. 

One thing I do find difficult about the Game Of Thrones (& this is probably a dyslexic thing!) is that I confuse a couple of the characters - Tywin & Tyrion Lannister, as well as Sansa Stark & Cerise Lannister (their first names sound like they start with the same letter, confusing my brain!). I have had to ask Dan a few times a season (ok, I’m fibbing - it’s more like a few times an episode!) who is who! Now that Tywin has met his demise & Sansa & Cerise are no longer in the same city, I’m finding it much easier to know who is who! 

Have you read the article in Cosmo? What did you think?
Did you guess the death toll correctly? Which has been your favourite death scene?
Dan’s was the death of Prince Oberyn Martell, having his head squished by Gregor Clegane!

Tania Xx

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 21 April 2015 at 16:47 , Blogger Unknown said...

I absolutely LOVE Game of Thrones! <3 xx

 
At 21 April 2015 at 17:43 , Blogger Tania said...

It's one of my all time favourite shows! Xx

 
At 6 May 2015 at 23:37 , Blogger Unknown said...

I absolutely love Game of Thrones, I'm obsessed. My brother and bf always ask me 'who is who' and 'what have they done'? My bf is currently obsessed with Bran and WHERE HE IS! Favourite is definitely the Khaleesi, I love her, she's incredible, I've been considering dying my hair silver in her honour ha. My favourite death scene was either Oberyn or Joffrey, just because I hated him with a passion! x

 
At 7 May 2015 at 07:34 , Blogger Tania said...

Haha You're definitely a big fan! I struggle to keep up sometimes - the relationships are so intricate & with my poor memory & a number of names beginning with the same letter (or at least the same sound) it can be really tricky! I'm often asking Dan to recap for me! I know it all visually, just aurally messes me up! I might try watching the previous episode again before each new episode for a recap! I think my favourite death scene would have to be Joffrey's - I despised him, particularly for hat he did to Sansa! Xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home