<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.whentaniatalks.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
whentaniatalks: Happy 1st Birthday When Tania Talks!

Monday 8 June 2015

Happy 1st Birthday When Tania Talks!

Hi Everyone!

Well what d’ya know, it was a year ago today that I started my blog! So happy 1st birthday When Tania Talks!

I wanted to use this post to reminisce about some of the amazing people I’ve met through blogging, as well as some of the wonderful things I’ve been involved in. I also want to look forward & have a think about where I want to be this time next year & how I might achieve these.



Let’s start with this past year…

Probably the biggest think I have gotten out of blogging are the friendships I’ve made, here are just a few who mean a lot to me:


Some of these bloggers I have met through blogging events, such as the Blogging Owls' Bloggers Xmas Party, Scarlett London’s #Bloggerfest & the Bloggers Love #BLFW. Along with making some great blogging friends, I have also had the chance to meet some full-time bloggers, who I look up to. I have met Gracie Francesca, Anna from Vivianna Does Makeup & Lily Pebbles. All three of these ladies are so down to earth & completely genuine. What you see of them in their YouTube videos is exactly the same as in real life.



I have been really excited & flattered to work together with other bloggers. I have been part of Healthy Selves Chat & the Kind Act & the #TakeBackWhatsYours Campaigns. I have also been given the opportunity to be a guest contributor on Fem-tellectual, an exciting blog with posts from a wide variety of female bloggers. I have worked with some great brands, too many to name & have also received a paid (actual money!) post, which was really exciting & first gave me the feeling that I might be able to make my blog more than a hobby. Another experience that made me think that this might be a viable career option was when Nars contacted me to send me a thank you because they loved my posts on their products! I have a hand written note on the back of a NARSissist card that I’m going to frame & keep on my bedside table to motivate me when things get tough, both in the blogging context & in a more general context - it’s always nice to be appreciated for the work you have done (I feel like I’m back at school with my hand up in the air ready to answer a questin!).

I have learnt a lot in the past year. I had no idea how far my photographs, in terms of quality & composition, would come in such a short space of time! I would also never have imagined that I would be able to design & edit using HTML & CSS with nothing but tutorials to guide me, particularly as IT was my weakest subject at school!



Now, let’s look to the future…

I’m going to do something that’s a big bloggy no-no - talking about stats.

i would love for blogging & vlogging to be a part-time career. While I don’t think my body would allow me to do any job full-time, blogging & logging have the flexibility that allows me to create content when I’m able & rest when I’m not. The ability to work from home is particularly attractive with me coming off my medication to try for a baby. The other plus, which is a huge factor, is that I really enjoy this hobby of mine &, if I can go on to make money doing it - great!

Let’s look at my stats. As of last night I had:
Bloglovin’ followers: 282
YouTube subscribers: 244
Twitter followers: 1574
Instagram followers: 794
Pinterest followers: 202

By this time next year, I would like to have:
Bloglovin’ followers: 700
YouTube subscribers: 600
Twitter followers: 3200
Instagram followers: 1700
Pinterest followers: 500

In addition to the stats increase, I would love to meet & work with more & more talented bloggers. I want to build strong relationships with brands & be able to deliver you high quality post content & images.

So how am I going to achieve these goals…?

I know I need to start utilising Google+ more effectively. I’ve ended up with 2 profiles, something to do with one being from Blogger & the other YouTube - I think! If anyone has any tips as to how to manage two profiles, or get rid of one I’d really appreciate it!

Twitter chats are something I have really enjoyed in the past, but I haven’t joined in recently. A lot of this has been to do with either Dan not getting home from work until late so I am cooking dinner, or I’ve not been well enough. I want to make a concerted effort to join in AT LEAST two Twitter chats per week.



I have an organiser for my blog but I have lost the energy to use it! That might sound silly, but when you barely have the energy to get posts up on time having a plan laid out can at best be an extra step & at worst counter productive as it can cause you to feel that you’re not coping & not doing what you could/should/want to do. However, used in the right way an organiser can really help organise ideas, posting schedules & more! I need to keep one of those pens that have 4 colours in them to aid my organisation. I can only read the black & blue, but having sections in different colours really helps me to focus on one specific piece of information, where as text all in one colour can blur together much easier. I can then use the green & red for shapes & symbols to highlight really important things. I need to write the Twitter chats written down in my organiser & start choosing which I am going to join in with at the beginning of the week, then write them in the main ‘diary’ section of the organiser to remind myself. 

I REALLY want to read more blog posts. I find watching YouTube videos much easier as I can have them on in the background when I’m working. Reading is something I find much harder. It’s something I want to force myself to do though as I feel I’m missing out on this part of the blogging community. You can learn a lot from watching what other people do & being inspired by their work. i think this will help me grow into the blogger I want to become. To me, comments on blog posts are also a way of giving back to the community. Think about how you feel when you receive a comment from someone who has read, understood & wants to engage in a conversation with you about the topic - it feels great & I want to be able to give that feeling to people who have worked hard to produce quality content. I would like to comment on three blogs per day (except Monday, which is my stupidly long day). I'm going to start with 1 a day & build up to 3 to make it a more manageable & realistic achievement.

I want to make my blog a more aesthetically pleasing & easy to navigate space. SO I’m going to leave you with some exciting news - I’m in the process of switching from Blogger to self-hosted Wordpress! I want to get the layout just so before making the switch, so keep your eyes peeled for my new .com address! I’m hoping it will be ready for the beginning of July, but I don’t want to do a rushed job.


Tania Xx

Labels:

28 Comments:

At 8 June 2015 at 09:07 , Blogger Holly said...

Congratulations lovely, that's such an achievement to have done so much with blogging whilst working and managing your health <3 Really enjoyed seeing your goals for the future too.
Love Holly x

www.thehollydays4.blogspot.co.uk

 
At 8 June 2015 at 11:35 , Blogger Unknown said...

Wow all your plans for the future are great! I really hope you achieve them all! Also thanks for the mention I'm so glad were friends now as your so lovely! I will have to get my arse into gear and come up for a meet up..

 
At 8 June 2015 at 12:07 , Blogger Laura Hadley said...

Happy Blogiversary Tania! I agree with meeting more bloggers in the future! I'll have to come visit and we can go for a coffee and have a natter :) so proud of you and your blog!
Laura xx

 
At 8 June 2015 at 12:59 , Blogger heath said...

Congratulations on your blogs 1st birthday, you have come so far! I can't wait to see your new design and where your blog will end up a year from now! Keep up the good work! :)

Heather Xx
100waysto30.co.uk

 
At 8 June 2015 at 13:32 , Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats, my darling. You're bloody amazing and I'm sure you'll meet your goals and exceed them in now time. Can't wait for us to meet. Thank you so much for the mention, mwah xxx

 
At 8 June 2015 at 20:49 , Blogger CS said...

Happy Blogiversary lovely Tanya! Wishing you all the best for a bright blogging future and I'm very happy social media brought us together. It has been a pleasure knowing you and I hope we'll meet one day. Thank you so much for the mentioning and you go girl!!!!!

Caz | Style Lingua

 
At 8 June 2015 at 23:20 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations x


http://catheartbudget.blogspot.com

 
At 9 June 2015 at 11:58 , Blogger Unknown said...

First of all congratulations! Second, it's cute that you mentioned other bloggers in your post! Thirdly the food looks amazing!:)

KLAUDIA CLARA

 
At 9 June 2015 at 17:39 , Blogger Emily said...

You sure sound like you have had a great first year! Stopping by from Spoonie Bloggers and Vloggers!

 
At 9 June 2015 at 18:29 , Blogger Kimmy (Beauty Isles) said...

Happy Anniversary, sweetie. I just celebrated my one year as well! Isn't it fantastic?!? Wishing you many more years of wonderful blogging to come!

Beauty Isles | An Island Girl's Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

 
At 9 June 2015 at 23:45 , Blogger Unexpected Songbird- Bendy Clo said...

Yay!!! Happy 1st Birthday Darling!! Well done!!! Your parcel can be a 1st birthday present now!! See! That's fate!! ;-)

 
At 11 June 2015 at 14:59 , Blogger Tania said...

Thank you so much Holly, I've had an amazing first year & can't wait to see what the next holds! Xx

 
At 11 June 2015 at 15:00 , Blogger Tania said...

Thanks Hayley! I figured if I have a set of goals I can work on achieving them! You're so welcome - I'd love to finally get to meet you! Xx

 
At 11 June 2015 at 15:01 , Blogger Tania said...

Thanks Laura! I'd love for your to come & visit - coffee & a natter sounds great! I'm proud of you too! Xx

 
At 11 June 2015 at 15:03 , Blogger Tania said...

Thanks you Heather, it's been an amazing year! Xx

 
At 11 June 2015 at 15:04 , Blogger Tania said...

Aaww!!! You're pretty damn amazing yourself! I can't wait for us to meet too! If you want me to come over so we can plan the Spoonie Blogger Meet Up in person let me know! Xx

 
At 11 June 2015 at 15:11 , Blogger Tania said...

Thanks Caz! I can't believe how many amazing friends I've made this past year & I'm so glad I've found someone as lovely as you - I wish I'd started my blog sooner! I hope we can meet sometime soon! Xx

 
At 11 June 2015 at 15:11 , Blogger Tania said...

Thanks Cat! Xx

 
At 11 June 2015 at 15:13 , Blogger Tania said...

Thanks Klaudia! This year wouldn't have been the same without the wonderful friends I've made through blogging. The food are bits from my niece's 3rd birthday party - my sister's rather talented! Xx

 
At 11 June 2015 at 15:13 , Blogger Tania said...

I really have! Thanks for stopping by Emily! Xx

 
At 11 June 2015 at 15:14 , Blogger Tania said...

Thanks Kimmy & congratulations on your 1st year! Blogging has changed my life so much for the better! Xx

 
At 11 June 2015 at 15:20 , Blogger Tania said...

Thanks beautiful! Things work out in mysterious ways! Mwah! Xx

 
At 17 June 2015 at 00:18 , Blogger Eloise said...

mmm cakes look nice - happy first birthday girl!
Eloise x|eloisesvilag.blogspot.co.uk (a natural/organic based blog focused on beauty/food/health/fashion/motherhood)

 
At 17 June 2015 at 15:35 , Blogger Tania said...

Thanks Eloise! XX

 
At 22 June 2015 at 13:43 , Blogger Bethan Elizabeth said...

Congrats lovely <3 Happy belated blog birthday and yay for the collection of Beths
Beth x
Mermaid in Disguise

 
At 25 June 2015 at 08:43 , Blogger Tania said...

Thanks! Love my collection of Beths! Xx

 
At 26 June 2015 at 11:33 , Blogger Wenni Donna said...

Oh that’s great that you have already planned everything about your future!! Congratulation dear and I really hope you will get everything. Hey, I want to know did you book venues for events in Chicago for your birthday party.

 
At 28 June 2015 at 11:28 , Blogger Tania said...

Thanks! No, I'm in the UK. The images are from my nieces 3rd birthday & are hand made. It was my blogs birthday. Mine is next week. Xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home