<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.whentaniatalks.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
whentaniatalks: Maybelline 'The Nudes' Palette Review

Thursday 4 June 2015

Maybelline 'The Nudes' Palette Review

Hi Everyone!

Following on from my review of Maybelline’s Contour Palette I thought I’d bring you my thoughts on their 'The Nudes' Palette, which I bought at the same time. The Nudes Palette costs £9.99 & Superdrug had a promotional 2 for £10 offer on all Maybelline cosmetics, so I effectively got the Contour Palette for 1p! Get ready for lots of pics!





Firstly, I have to say just how impressed I am with the formula of these shadows! Particularly, though not exclusively, the shimmer shades They have the same smooth, buttery formula as Urban Decay’s shadows - which I LOVE!!!! They are also very pigmented & blend beautifully! The shade range is good, with 5 matte & 7 shimmer shades.

As well as the swatches, I wanted to create an eye look for you all. I’ve numbered the shades so you can see which I used.



1. On the brow bone & down into the crease to help blending (I’ve found this to be a really good tip)
2. On the lid, all the way up to the crease
3. 3/4 of the way into the crease
4. 1/2 of the way into the crease, outer ‘V’ & lower lash line
5. Upper lash line
6. Inner corner of the eye


I have to say, this has been the best drugstore palette I’ve ever used - no creasing or fading at all! I did use my Urban Decay Primer Potion, but I’ve had drugstore eyeshadows fade & crease even with this applied as a base!


I hope this post has been useful for you & that if you want to get your hands on it Superdrug still have their 2 for £10 offer on.

Do let me know what your favourite shades are from this palette are & if there are any drugstore eyeshadow palettes I NEED to get my hands on!

Tania Xx

Labels:

28 Comments:

At 4 June 2015 at 14:35 , Blogger Unknown said...

Gorgeous shades, I love nude eye shadow palettes! Great post xo
www.blackisthenewblackkk.blogspot.co.uk

 
At 4 June 2015 at 21:30 , Blogger Unknown said...

Very pretty, indeed.

Sarah x

 
At 5 June 2015 at 19:17 , Anonymous Brittany W said...

I have been meaning to pick this up. Now that I've read your review, I'm even more excited to get it next time I'm at the store.

 
At 6 June 2015 at 08:44 , Blogger Tania said...

Thanks Katie! I was blown away by the quality of this palette! Xx

 
At 6 June 2015 at 08:45 , Blogger Tania said...

Thanks Sarah, the palette made creating the look really easy! Xx

 
At 6 June 2015 at 08:46 , Blogger Tania said...

Let me know what you think of it Brittany! There are 3 versions out in the US - I can't wait for them to launch over here! Xx

 
At 7 June 2015 at 07:33 , Blogger Unknown said...

I am getting ao inpatient for the blushed nudes ones to be released over here. It just looks so stunning. And with a great review of this pallette I bet they will live up to expectations. X

 
At 7 June 2015 at 15:51 , Blogger Tania said...

Yes! I can't believe there are 3 out in the US & we've only just had the 1st released over here! Xx

 
At 8 June 2015 at 01:41 , Blogger Corinne said...

Ohh, I'm a fan of the buttery texture of the UD shadows too, so I bet this would be right up my street!

Corinne x
www.skinnedcartree.com

 
At 9 June 2015 at 07:33 , Blogger Missy NADM said...

I might have to give this little palette a try

 
At 9 June 2015 at 18:30 , Blogger Kimmy (Beauty Isles) said...

I was really curious about this palette when it first released but then I kind of forgot about it to be honest. Opps. But it looks so lovely. I saw the new L'oreal one this past weekend when I was in the U.S. but I passed on it. Regretting it now. :-)


Beauty Isles | An Island Girl's Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

 
At 11 June 2015 at 14:55 , Blogger Tania said...

I'd definitely swatch it, they are beautiful shadows! Xx

 
At 11 June 2015 at 14:56 , Blogger Tania said...

Let me know if you do sweetie! Xx

 
At 11 June 2015 at 14:57 , Blogger Tania said...

I didn't know L'Oreal have a new one out in the States. I've seen the two we have over here, but they didn't seem to grab me - I don't know why! Xx

 
At 14 June 2015 at 21:10 , Blogger Julie-Ann said...

I must pick up this palette, it looks gorgeous! Great review.

Julie-Ann | ourdreamsoffashion.com

 
At 15 June 2015 at 10:36 , Blogger Lisa Hearn said...

I really want to try this and the contour palette! Maybelline are so on it at the moment!!!

Lisa | www.topazandmay.com

 
At 17 June 2015 at 15:24 , Blogger Tania said...

Thank you! It's lovely, there are three out in the US - I can't wait until the others come out over here! Do let me know what you think. Xx

 
At 17 June 2015 at 15:26 , Blogger Tania said...

They really are! I hope you like them as much as I do. Xx

 
At 21 June 2015 at 14:30 , Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 21 June 2015 at 14:30 , Blogger Unknown said...

I saw this at my local drug store and was curious but have still to get it as it is so expensive in Malaysia (RM70!).

 
At 23 June 2015 at 05:52 , Blogger Paul said...

Nice post!

 
At 25 June 2015 at 08:42 , Blogger Tania said...

Oh that's such a shame it's so expensive in Malaysia! Xx

 
At 25 June 2015 at 08:43 , Blogger Tania said...

Thanks! Xx

 
At 2 July 2015 at 15:39 , Blogger Jinksy said...

Awwww wish I had realised this was on the 2 for £10. Would have brought the same 2. It looks so good. I swatched it instore.

www.jinksybeauty.com

 
At 4 July 2015 at 10:44 , Blogger Tania said...

I felt I'd hit the jackpot! I wasn't planning to go into Superdrug as I didn't want to spend any money but this was totally worth it! Hopefully they'll have a similar offer on soon. Xx

 
At 7 July 2015 at 19:09 , Blogger Lima said...

Thiis palette loooks lovely on you Tan! 2 for £10 is a bargaiiiiiiin!

Lima | Fashionicide

xo

 
At 10 July 2015 at 00:26 , Blogger Tania said...

Thanks! I'm going to visit my parents for a week & this is all I'm taking eyeshadow wise so I must REALLY love it! Xx

 
At 14 July 2015 at 19:33 , Blogger Unknown said...

I have this palette and use it almost every day! I love it.

https://thegingerlife1.wordpress.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home