<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.whentaniatalks.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
whentaniatalks: To Overspray Or Not To Overspray

Monday 6 July 2015

To Overspray Or Not To Overspray

Hi Everyone!

There’s a beauty subject that I’ve been musing for a while now so thought I’d write a post on it to share my thoughts with you.

Why do brands use over-spray on their products?


The ‘highlighter’ from the new MAC Wash & Dry collection is a prime example of this. When I watched it in store, there was no overspray on the product. I couldn’t see it as a highlighter but new it would make a beautiful blusher with the three shades being different from anything I own. Imagine my surprise when a product with beautiful golden shimmer running over the top. Suddenly this became a different product! 

So how do you use a product with an over-spray?

There are two options. The first is to scrape off the over-spray. This allows you to use the product underneath without having to work with something that may be too glittery/the wrong shade for your skin/not what you want. I’ve heard a number of YouTubers saying that they scrape the over-spray off before using a product. In my mind this is wasteful. I’ve paid for a product & I want to get every pennies worth of my money!

The other option is to use the product in two different ways. In the case of this ‘highlighter’, I will be using it first as a highlighter & then, once the gold shimmer is gone, as a blusher. This isn’t practical with all products though, as the overspray may not be to your taste but the main product (which is probably what you watched in store & had applied to your face) is just right for you. This could work the other way too, with you ending up disappointed because the product you bough isn’t what it was made out to be.

So what then?

Unfortunately, I don’t have an answer to this. I have one or two products that are sat not being used because they have an overspray that I just can’t figure out how to work with! I really need to pull these out & try to get some proper use out of them, at least then I’ll make a dent in that overspray & get down to the ‘real’ product.

So which side do you fall. To over-spray or not to over-spray?


Tania Xx

Have you seen my June Favourites video?

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 8 July 2015 at 11:01 , Blogger Manc Over Matter said...

I agree with you, I really don't think it matters at all. There's no point in wasting a product because it's a little bit sparkly at the top, very silly! Besides I think it looks much prettier in the pan with the overspray x

Toni x
clarkecouture.blogspot.co.uk

MAC LIPSTICK GIVEAWAY:
http://clarkecouture.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/happy-1st-birthday-clarke-couture-my.html

 
At 10 July 2015 at 00:27 , Blogger Tania said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one Toni! I'd much rather the sparkle ran all the way through or not at all. Xx

 
At 10 July 2015 at 07:55 , Blogger Sara Nielsen said...

I hate overspray! I think the same as you, but normally doesn't get to use the product at all as I don't wanna scrape it of, but doesn't want to use the overspray as well.. Silly

http://industrialbarbie.blogspot.com/

 
At 12 July 2015 at 22:19 , Blogger Tania said...

Yes! I've a few products like this, I really need to get over it as it's a waste to just have it sitting there! Xx

 
At 13 July 2015 at 05:12 , Blogger Angela said...

Aw that sucks! Overspray is such a marketing scheme to get you to buy the product! Although I can see how it would be beautiful for a collector's item.

Would love if you check out my blog! Just followed you on twitter and instagram :)
Raincouver Beauty

 
At 14 July 2015 at 10:48 , Blogger Pull Down The Moon said...

I've never heard of oversprays before, I don't think I've ever purchased a product with one either. Will be something for me to look out for. I think I'd be one of those people that scrapes it off lol.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home